- Brand: Martin
- Model: 00-18
- SKU: 3063
- Serial Number: 119304
- Finish Material : Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Original Finish: Yes
- Original Parts: Yes
- Made In Year: 1950
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Body Sides/Back: Mahogany
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany, Rosewood
- Radius: 12″
- Weight: 3lbs10oz (1.65kg)
- Scale Length: 24.3/4″
- Nut Width: 1-11/16″
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Case: Blue lined, black tolex arch-topped Harptone case with Excelsior latches, as supplied by Martin in the 1950s, appears to be original to this guitar.
- Modifications/Repairs: Newer Klusons installed, originals in case, tuner and screw holes identical.
- Condition: Minor playing wear, Very Good+++
- Playability Notes: Neck set is good. Original frets 70%. A super light weight, loud, resonant and toneful vintage Martin.
Martin 00-18 Acoustic Guitar 1950 – Sold
C. F. Martin & Co made this 00-18 serial 119304 in the Spring of 1951, one of a total of 551 00-18s shipped in that year. It has the classic combination of Mahogany back, sides and neck, X-braced Sitka Spruce top, Mahogany neck with Rosewood fingerboard, bridge and headstock overlay, Maple bridgeplate, natural lacquer finish, tortoise celluloid pickguard and binding. And of course Martin used the best materials available. Fully original other than a set of sealed Kluson Deluxe tuners fitted. The original open back Klusons with identical shaft and screw holes are in the case. The case is a blue-lined, black tolex, archtop Harptone case with Excelsior latches as used by Martin in the 1950s. We believe it is original to the guitar.
This 00-18 is structurally perfect with some finish checking, bumps and general wear overall commensurate with 72 years old. The most notable is some pick wear around the sound hole. The decal on back of headstock prompted us to contact Mr Umanov, who confirmed the guitar went through his New York store in the early 1970s. Very light at 3lbs 10oz, this guitar makes for an excellent player with strong projection and sustain. A truly excellent recording, writing or performance instrument. Please enquire for more details.